Monday, July 7, 2008

Yeah....Sports!

Hope everyone had a great 4th. Alex, Lane, Skye and I played in a 4-man scramble at Falcon Lakes. Despite Lane's strategy of "Hammen shoots a 65 and the rest of us contribute a putt here or there" I only brought my C game, but everyone else played well, and we scraped together a 70, good enough to tie for first place (we must have been in the shittiest flight.) We each won $40 worth of merch from the pro shop. So to recap, for $35 each, we got 18 holes of golf (with a cart) at a beatiful course, a big lunch beforehand, and $40 worth of stuff. Worth it. See you next 4th of July.

The real highlight of my day came later on, when Lane and I rekindled the NCAA Football rivalry on Playstation 2, for the first time since freshman year of college. It is well documented that Lane is my daddy when it comes to this game, but I finally broke through for my first career victory, overcoming a 14-0 deficit to win a 21-17 nailbiter. I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

DVJS left for the Peace Gardens, putting our pickup ball tandem on hiatus, but we went out in style, going 7-0 together on our last night for the forseeable future. Side note: there has been a marked improvement in my attitude on the court since I started playing pickup ball in a church on Thursday nights. DVJS and I are pretty much the Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson of dropping F-bombs after missed shots, but when you're playing in a house of worship, profanity-laced spaz-outs get eliminated pretty quickly. I think it's helped my game a bit, too.

This goddam Red Sox bullpen is giving me an ulcer.



Question of the day, courtesy of Schatz:

If you could murder one person and get away with it, who would it be?


My answer was initially going to be A-Rod, but it seems that Madonna is slowly killing him for me, so instead I'll say Spencer from The Hills.




Maybe I'll get a twofer and Heidi will kill herself, rather than live in a world where she isn't dating the biggest douchebag on the planet. Nice glasses, dude.