Monday, July 21, 2008

Ohhh, Alex

This is why it's so fun to lie to girls. Here's an excerpt from a conversation with Alex while we were waiting for Batman to start the other day:


Me: Sometimes when I'm talking to random girls and we're talking about where we're from, I'll make up fake statistics about whatever city we're talking about, just to get the conversation going.


Alex, dubious: What? Like what?


Me: Well, did you know that Grand Forks has the #1 rated public golf courses in the lower 48 states?


Alex, dead serious: Really? They do?!?


Me: -pinching bridge of my nose, shaking my head-


Sometimes it's just too easy.

And for the record, The Dark Knight is one of the best movies I've seen in a very, very long time. I'm sure things may get blown out of proportion with Ledger dying and everything, but regardless, he was ridiculously good in this movie. For real.