Thursday, January 24, 2008

EnGAYged

Down goes Fundy! Down goes Fundy! On December 13, 2007, Fundy, who was once quoted sophomore year as saying, "Having a girlfriend in college is stupid. You guys are pussies" became the latest in a long line to bite the bullet when he asked for April's hand in marriage. This was not a surprise, as shortly after I wrote this post about people getting engaged a while ago, I talked to him on the phone and jokingly asked "So, when are you proposing?" to which he replied, flat-out: "December 13." Oh. OK. Typical Fundy right there.

Anyway, I can now collect on the "Last Man Standing" agreement from St. Aubyn and Fundy, in the amount of $50 from each of them. But.....I'll probably just have them each throw 25 bucks on the roulette wheel for me in Vegas. The number of close friends of mine who are now engaged has reached an unprecedented 6, and I thought I would pay them tribute here.





T. Nels and Kristen. The couple who loves the Red Sox. Hopefully they can get Papelbon and Youk to perform at their wedding. I also have to say that is some wonderful photography work by whoever took that picture.








Noles and Jenna. The couple who loves Duke. Maybe they can get Gay-J Redick to be an usher in their wedding. Or maybe Christian Laettner, he can probably squeeze it into his schedule.





Here is a nice picture of Ike and Feltman.....




....but I thought this one would be more appropriate. When you marry Ike, you get Jake in the deal, like it or not. It's like when the Marlins traded Beckett to Boston, and they made the Sox take Mike Lowell and his terrible contract, too. Although I have a hard time believing that Jake will ever be the World Series MVP. Or the MVP of anything. At least Feltman knows this already.



The aforementioned Fundy and Smapes. Having first-hand knowledge of most of the 4+ years of their relationship, this is a VERY accurate picture. Welcome to the rest of your life, Smapes.



There was an abundance of sappy engagement photos I could've chosen for St. Aubyn and Mandy, but I settled on this one because you know it's just KILLING St. Aubyn that he's not allowed to jump in that pile of leaves and start rolling around. It's a good thing they didn't take their pictures on a snow hill at 4 am after 10 hours of drinking. There would've been no stopping him!




I was unable to obtain a picture of ADawg with his fiancee. However, I feel that this is a very well-done artist's rendition. Especially if you've seen ADawg play basketball. He's like Teen Wolf, only when he's regular Scott Howard, not the wolf.


Congratulations to all the happy couples. And I'm kidding about the title, getting married isn't really gay. Settle down.