Wednesday, October 31, 2007

You Never Blink, Do You?

I hope everyone enjoyed their free taco on Tuesday from the "Steal a Base Steal a Taco" World Series promotion that Taco Bell did. I actually scored four of them; I sweet-talked two other people in line into giving me theirs (resourceful), and then Taco Bell screwed up and gave me an extra one. Who says there's no such thing as a free lunch?

Recently, ADawg became the latest man to come to the belief that it is a solid idea to ask for a woman's hand in marriage. We now have an unprecedented 5 dudes in our immediate friend group who all got engaged in the last 5 months: ADawg, St. Aubyn, Ike, Noles, and T. Nels. Ridiculous. This means that A) Vegas is going to be a complete shit show next May, and B) I better win a bunch of money on said Vegas trip, cause I'm gonna be buying an assload of toasters, knife sets, and Belgian waffle makers. Now I'm not a betting man, but if you happen to be scoring at home, here is the updated odds sheet for Next To Get Engaged:

Fundy....................2-1
Bergman................4-1
Z Unit.....................6.5-1
Haley......................10-1
Schultzy..................75-1

And as soon as Fundy fulfills his destiny as The Next (I say by January), I will be collecting the $150 Never Get Engaged Fund that St. Aubyn, Fundy, and I put together in 2003. I've earned it.

If you haven't heard the news yet, Robert Goulet passed away. Now I would be lying if I said that I was a fan of Goulet himself, but I do believe that this is one of the 5 or 10 best SNL skits of my lifetime.

Enjoy it. Dah dah deeee dahhh dah doo doooo. Goulet.