Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Arrowhead Section 135, Row 14, Seat 6

Jack Hammen, aka The Big Guy, aka Babaganoosh, aka Captain Jack made the trip down I-29 with my mom last weekend. He makes his debut in this blog, as we went to our first live NFL game on Sunday to see the Chiefs take on Cincinnati. The seats were awesome, and the noise level was shocking. Couldn't even hear my dad talking to me before big plays. Although I'm pretty sure he was just saying, "Holy shit, it's loud in here!!!"


Afterwards we immediately headed over to the Outhouse for some Sunday afternoon action. Just kidding. In addition to the game being exciting, the Chiefs covered the spread ($$$) yet T.J. Houshmanzadeh managed to put up a big game for me (fantasy points.) All in all, a great sports weekend. Except, of course, for Eric Gagne's Game 2 shenanigans. He continues to lead the league for 2007 in Most Times Ruining Jim's Night. He now owns a commanding 5-2 lead over "Combining allergy medicine with drinking to excess."

I have many thoughts on Game 4 tonight, but due to the fact that not many of them are positive, combined with the fact that I am too nervous to clearly express them, I will leave them unspoken at this juncture. All I will say is that Wakefield is either unhittable or terrible, with not much of an in-between. Here's hoping for the former. Go Sox.

This was supposed to be a picture of Chad Johnson screaming at the coaching staff for not getting the ball. (Not pictured: Chad Johnson screaming at the coaching staff for not getting the ball.)