Friday, September 14, 2007

You May Find Yourself Behind The Wheel Of A Large Automobile

I decided to take a mini-road trip yesterday, and even though when Lane called and found out I was in Arkansas and told me, "That's weird. That's fuckin' weird. Don't tell anyone else that you're doing this" I think I will tell you. The reasons for going are simple: One of my goals is to see all 50 states, and Oklahoma and Arkansas are a couple I haven't been to, and I don't start work until Monday and I'm bored as shit.

In actuality, the drive was pretty uneventful. Southern Kansas and northern Oklahoma is ugly as hell. Tulsa was OK. To be honest, I was unenamored with the drive until just before the OK/ARK border, when I got off the turnpike and hit a 40 mile stretch of road that winded through hills, under rock, and around rivers. Definite highlight of the drive. The lowlight was a gas station in southern Missouri that was straight out of the movie Cabin Fever. The bathroom was a toilet and urinal surrounded by a huge wraparound curtain in the back of the place, among all their product that wasn't stocked yet. The guy behind the counter weighed at least 400 pounds with a shirt completely soaked through with sweat, and there was a group of creepy-looking older ladies reading bible verses to customers as they entered and exited. The last view that place had of me was of me sprinting back to my car and peeling out. Other than that, pretty boring.

And since I don't have anything else to add, and since Mighty Ducks 2 is on right now, here's my question: What happened to the kid who was both Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez in the Sandlot and Luis Mendoza in D2? I mean, was there another kid who had multiple sport roles as good as those? For that matter, was there another actor in general who did? This will be on my mind all day.

So I'm sick as a dog right now, and all 3 Red Sox/Yankee games are televised this weekend. So you know where to find me: on the couch.