Sunday, September 23, 2007

Thumbs Up!

I could sit and write all about the new job, but I won't bore you with that. I have an office, and a desk, and responsibilities. Tuesday is arms and back. It's boring, but....it's part of my life.

Instead, I will bore you by talking about the things I have enjoyed and not enjoyed recently.

Thumbs Up to...

...Sonic. In my first month in Lawrence, I have eaten here somewhere around 68 times, despite my effort to cut down on fast food. Oh well. I figure if God wanted me to eat healthier, he wouldn't have put a Sonic in my backyard and across the street from my office.

...Entourage. I've never been able to watch it, but now we have HBO. Just a solid show. The only drawback is that I'm nearing the point that I'll have to buy the first few seasons on DVD.

...Golden Tee. Due to the fact that nearly every bar in Grand Forks has decided that Big Buck Hunter is somehow cooler than Golden Tee, and subsequently gotten rid of virtually every Golden Tee in town, I hadn't been able to play much the last couple years. However, there is Golden Tee everywhere here, and I have enjoyed shaking off the rust the last couple weeks. Lately we have started playing alternate shot teams, a la the Ryder Cup. And even when Jud hits a hole in one on a 340 yard, surrounded by water, par-4 18th to beat me and Lane by a stroke, it's still a good time.

...Tennessee Titans on TV. I hadn't got to watch them play a game in over 3 years, because they are not televised in North Dakota unless it's the playoffs or Monday Night Football. I got to watch their game against the Colts, which was my first live look at Vince Young. I liked what I saw. A lot. Now they're on MNF this week, and I'll get to see them when they come to K.C. in December.

...Chipotle. Every Steak Fajita Burrito I purchase is the best $6.28 of my life. I break this record often.

...Used video game stores. There is a sweet one downtown, and I have made my presence felt there. I picked up a couple of Sega games I have coveted for quite some time: FIFA soccer '95 and NBA Jam T.E. At a price of $2 each, how could I not?

...Knocked Up. This doesn't actually apply until Tuesday when it comes out, but I am excited to make this puchase and wear out the DVD within a week.

...Magic Numbers. I love September baseball, when division leaders have "magic numbers." This magic number represents the combined number of wins and second place team losses needed to clinch their division. I feel like these should be applied to real life situations, such as: The magic number to my next chili cheese wrap from Sonic is 2.

Thumbs down to...

...Eric Gagne. Pronounced Gone-Yay!!! Which is what I will be saying if and when the Sox get rid of him. One could make the argument (and I am) that he is the worst trade deadline acquisition in major league history. Dunph summed it up by texting "He is a fucking Katrina-sized disaster right now." Well put.

...Taco Bell's Crunchwrap Supreme. I can't figure out this enigma of a menu item. When I am under the influence, few food items available at 2 AM have the talent to make my taste buds happier. However, when I am sober, this little guy morphs into a seven-layer crapfest. Just gross. I don't like having to deal with this inconsistency.

...Car horns. To be specific, mine. Since I bought my car almost 5 years ago, my horn has been broken. In order to get license plates in Kansas, though, I had to get it fixed. Over these last few years, I fell into the habit of hitting the horn buttons randomly, either keeping the beat with a song or for no reason at all. Needless to say this habit has not served me well since the horn became functional again. Depending on how loud my music is, I usually don't realize I'm doing it until someone flips me off or honks back. Whoops. My bad, dude.

One final thought: Don't take Claritin D right before you start drinking. You might end up blacking out after only 8 beers, and sleeping through the entire car ride home, which includes a stop at a Steak & Shake drive thru. Consider yourself warned.