Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tourney Thoughts

Due to Blogger being completely gay the last week or so, I was unable to to write any kind of March Madness preview. It's pretty much worthless now because most of the people who read this know my bracket anyway, but whatever:

Elite 8 of Ohio St., Texas A&M, Kansas, UCLA, Florida, Oregon, UNC, Georgetown. Final 4 of KU, Fla, A&M, UNC. A&M over Fla in the final. My upsets that have panned out so far have been VCU over Duke, UNLV over Wisconsin and Vandy over WSU. My unsuccessful ones were Nevada over Memphis, Arkansas over USC, and Old Dominion over Butler. So I'm looking pretty good so far, like everyone else in this chalk tournament. However, my bracket success has not translated into winning money. Not even close. Special thanks to Texas this afternoon.

Best games so far have been Ohio St.-Xavier, VCU-Duke, Vandy-WSU and Pitt-VCU. Shot of the tourney was Ron Lewis's ridiculous shot from the parking lot with two hands in his face to send that game to OT, receiving bonus points for my boy Gus Johnson calling that game. Saturday's awesomeness made up for Thursday's shittiness. Feeling really good about KU as they have been the most impressive of the 1 seeds so far. Rush is the X factor, and when he is on, they become wayyyy tougher.

Commercial of the tourney so far is undoubtedly the Sonic commercial where the guy talks about Charlie, his stomach grumble. "Lookin good dude." Not as sweet as last year when the Applebees guys sang about a "three hour tew-errrrr", but it'll do.

Pictures and stories from Texas once I get the pics from Annie. After this last week and a half, I am excited to hook up to the rejuvenator for a few days and not drink. Peace.