Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due

Random Event of the day (and possibly year) so far: some dude driving a camry or something like that comes flying down The Strip right in front of my window, whips the e-brake, and does the best 180 into a parking spot since Ace Ventura at Joe Robbie Stadium. I mean, it was between two cars and everything. 15-year-old girls couldn't parallel park this well if you gave them 45 minutes to do it. When the guy gets out of his car and walks down the sidewalk right in front of me, I pop out of my chair and give him a standing O, the first one I have ever given out for events seen through my window. He looks at me, squints, and keeps walking. Dick. So I went outside, keyed his car all to shit, and wrote a note saying, "Nice 180, Ace. You suck." Or I should've, anyway.

At first I was pretty pissy about Peyton and the Colts winning the SB, but I realized I can't be that mad. The last couple years, regarding the teams I hate, have been pretty gravy. The Yanks haven't won it all since 2000 (easy to forget) and are owners of the biggest choke job in sports; Duke hasn't won since 2001, they only have one Final 4 since, and finally a big stink is being made regarding how biased Dickie V, Mike Patrick, Billy Packer, and the refs are; the Lakers haven't done shit since Shaq left and Kobe has since been made a villain; and the Colts, until now, were known as the chokers of the NFL. So fine, no more being a baby. Congrats, Peyton. Cut that meat!!!

KU/KState tonight. You can officially put me in the camp of "Every single game left on KU's schedule scares me to death." With this team, I'll need a defibulator for the tourney.

Round 3 of the CPAs is tomorrow. Dear Mr. State Board of Accountancy: No more 74's, please. A 75 will suffice.

I'll leave you with these words from Gilbert Arenas, which I think is the funniest thing he has ever said. And that's saying something, considering the source.

"If I have the chance to go back to college, I'll give up one NBA season to play against Duke. One college game that's five fouls, right? ... 40-minute game at Duke, they got soft rims I'd probably score 84 or 85. I wouldn't pass the ball. I wouldn't even think about passing it. It would be like a NBA Live or an NBA 2K7 game, you just shoot with one person."