Sunday, December 10, 2006

Induction Night


Welcome, members, media, and special guests of the Hammen Downtown Athletic Club, as we usher in the Class of 2006 Inductees to the "My Boy" Hall Of Fame. The honorees this year are two of the most exciting, fun to watch players in their respective sports, with seemingly limitless upsides, and a combination of athleticism and creativeness that borders on unfair. Both inductees are, as we speak, beginning to come into their own and take control of their respective teams, with talent and leadership qualities that give hope to their tortured fan bases. Ladies and Gentleman, please join me in congratulating Mr. Julian Wright and Mr. Vince Young!

While we're on the subject, I know I use the term "my boy" pretty loosely, so let's tighten it up. Here are my boys, both past and present.

Baseball: Manny, Kenny Lofton, Ortiz, Pedro, Schilling, Griffey Jr., Orlando Cabrera, Kevin Millar, Derek Lowe.

Football: Vince Young, Steve McNair, Eddie George, Deion Sanders, Ricky Watters, Kordell Stewart, Cris Dishman, Andre Rison, Charlie Ward (college).

Kansas Basketball: Julian Wright, Kirk Hinrich, Paul Pierce, Jacque Vaughn, Keith Langford, Jeff Boschee, Drew Gooden, Wayne Simien, Rex Walters, Nick Collison.

Non-Kansas Basketball: Nick Van Exel, Gilbert Arenas, Jalen Rose, Ray Allen, Shaq, Adam Morrison, Jason Terry, Larry Johnson, John Starks, Allan Houston, Marcus Camby, Chris Dudley.

Golf: Phil Mickelson.

OK, maybe that didn't narrow it down very much. Whatever.

On an unrelated topic, I have pulled the plug on Operation Get Doug Laid For Money. I feel better. I think.