Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Bof Teams Played Harrd, My Man

Well Detroit looks donzo after last night; I know I am happy and somewhat surprised and I also know that my buddy Dan is pissed off. I would LOVE to see Shaq win a title without Kobe, and although I don't know if Miami can run with Dallas in the finals, I also don't think there is a person on the planet who can guard D-Wade right now. I wouldn't call him the MVP; I wouldn't even have him in the top 4 (Bron-Bron, Kobe, Nash, Nowitzki) but I think he might be the best all-around player in the association right now. Who shoots 70% on Detroit?

I'm kinda hoping the Detroit gets blown out so we can have a post-game press conference with Rasheed similar to the one from a couple years ago when he answered every question with "Both teams played hard." Every once in a while he threw in a "my man" but you get the idea. That was my all-time favorite press conference. Here's the rest of the best:

2. Bobby Knight's "game faces" where he makes weird faces for about 20 seconds and I piss my pants laughing.
3. John Chaney calling out John Calipari and then getting him when Calipari innocently wanders into the press room, leading to Chaney charging him and the two having to be separated.
4. Shaq's conference when he dropped the "Shaq....Haaaaahhh....He's the master of the universe" or just any Shaq press conference in general.
5. Allen Iverson's dissing of practice a couple years ago...."Practice. We talkin' bout practice. Is we serious? Practice?"
6. Roy Williams crying after Carolina's second round loss in 2004.
7-174. Any time Roy Williams cried in a press conference while coaching Kansas.

I swear if I ever get famous and get to do a press conference I'm gonna say nothing but "Both teams played hard, my man. Both teams played hard."